Follow these essential guitar playing tips to establish good habits right from the start.
- A good quality instrument is always a good place to start. I would advise against budget guitar/amp starter packs and invest in the best guitar possible within your budget.
- Practice is paramount. If you don’t practise you won’t make progress. But practise well with good information behind you.
- As a beginner, learn chords and scales correctly. Don’t skip on quality, start as you mean to go on.
- Play chord progressions and scales slowly so you can detect problems and improve your technique. Speed will come with time…
- Rhythm takes time to master for some so start basic and slow and keep it simple.
- Keep your practice volumes low. No need to blast your ears out, or the neighbours’!